Become a Volunteer
We’ve started a volunteer program to help young men discern their vocation. Here’s some basic information about the program:
What you’ll do:
- Volunteer abroad and encounter other cultures.
- Serve the poor and the needy and the marginalized.
- Meet the Assumptionists and help them bring about the Kingdom of God.
Program and financial information:
- The program will be from mid-June to mid-August.
- Orientation begins four months prior to departure.
- You’ll spend time living with the Assumptionists, which means you’ll participate in their community life: prayer, meals, recreation, and other activities.
- You’ll also be supervised by an Assumptionist.
- You’ll be expected to participate in weekly reflection meetings.
- You’ll be responsible for the cost of travel, leisure, and packet money. You’re encouraged to look for scholarships and to do your own fundraising.
- You won’t have to worry about room and board: that’s taken care of.
“It is truly an honor to serve the Lord in this vibrant and active way, and I am grateful that I was able to sacrifice my summer to do so.”
“Working with the impoverished and meeting people throughout France has brought us incredible joy.”
The congregation also operates a volunteer program at the international level.
For more information about that program : https://www.assomption-jeunes.org/