PGC: The session ended with the Superior General's address
Saturday, June 11, 2022
The tasks awaiting us today. It is thus only at 9 o'clock, after the mass, that we resume our work. These are essentially the votes that we realized to do this morning:
- Approval of the closing of the community of Madrid-Leganés (Province of Europe);
- Approval of the opening of the community of Kahamba (Province of Africa);
- Validation of the nomination of Albert Emasintsoa as Novice Master of the Province of Madagascar;
- Validation of the nomination of Donatien Vula Mbwamosi as interim superior for one year of the CIFA of Ouagadougou to allow Nicolas Tarralle to dedicate himself to his doctoral work in France;
- Approval of a series of 1st apostolic nominations;
- Validation of the 2021 accounts of the General House and the work of the General Treasurer;
- Decision that the object of the 2023 Assumption Solidarity Campaign will be the repair of the presbytery of Nasandratrony in Madagascar;
- Approval of the recommendations contained in the report of the Economic Council of the Congregation on the subject of elders brothers provision with implementation beginning in 2023.
We set the date for the next session of the Plenary General Council, which will be the last before the General Chapter. The GPC will be held in Rome from November 30 to December 9.
The session ended with the Superior General's address. He underline the great progress that the implementation of an elders brothers pension system at the Assumption represents. He is happy with the discussions we had around his report on the state of the Congregation. We have made progress in a common understanding of the help in human resources between the Provinces.
The Provinces which benefit from many vocations, can provide help to maintain our work in the service of the Kingdom in others territories. This strengthened solidarity will be manifested in the commitment to sustain the CIFA in Buenos Aires which suddenly found itself without a formator. The priest Aurelien Kambale Rukwata from Beni-Butembo dioceses, made us more aware of the socio-political situation in Kivu.
In the face of the acute crisis that the Church is facing today, the congregation must be missionary, dedicated to the announce of the Kingdom of God! Moreover, each province must continues to think of new projects. But for do that, we must strengthen our formation, initial, professional and specialized, to have the necessary workers for this mission.
We also will actively followed and accompanied the work of preparation for the next General Chapter.
Father General thanks Kizito, vice-provincial of East Africa, his treasurer Morris, and Joachim, from the community of Kyabakadde, for the organization of all the practical aspects of our session! Finally, he thanks all those who contributed to the success of this meeting.